Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

My navigation system, radio, and climate control have all stopped

Customer Question

My navigation system, radio, and climate control have all stopped working. They will at times come back on but then stop working again. I believe it is due to a short circuit. Is there a recall on this type of malfunction?
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They can get to the bottom of any problem, including radio-related ones, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for the job. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am not qualified to fix it myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: It's a 2009 G37 coupe. Also the windows will sometimes roll themselves down on their own and the power seats are not longer programable. Not sure it this is all related to the other issues.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Do you still need help with this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Your company is a rip off. I asked for an answer for my question and paid for your answer. What you sent me was a joke. "Do you still need help with this?" Was not an answer to the question for which I paid.
Lisa Butts
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry you feel that way Lisa. I just got online last night and saw no one has responded, so I asked if you still needed help with this. I am still willing to help you if you need it. The most common thing I have seen to fix your issue is to disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins, then reconnect it. That is known as a hard reset. Give that a try and let me know how you make out.