Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

My son's 2004 Infiniti FX35 has a problem with driver's side

Customer Question

My son's 2004 Infiniti FX35 has a problem with driver's side window. It will not roll up. I have read that it might be window regulator or a bad remote. Can you help?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 7 months ago.
With a window not rolling up, it could a few things. A window switch, which sends signal to the motor. The motor, which powers the window regulator and moves it up, or the regulator its self, which holds the window. The most common issue with this particular vehicle that I see is a failed window motor. The window motor is part of the regulator assembly in this particular setup. I would inspect the window switch on the door pannel, if it feels fine, isnt sticky, or loose then I would suspect the window motor/regulator assembly. I had attached a picture of the door, the panel and the window regulator and motor. the regulator and motor are in the middle between the door and door panel.I really hope this helps you and please feel free to ask any other questions you have on this particular situation. Also, the only way I can get graded is if you rate the quality of the my service so it is GREATLY appreciated if you rate me honestly with how you felt my service was.Thank you