peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Replaced radio unit. Have full function of replacement unit

Customer Question

Replaced radio unit. Have full function of replacement unit except sound . wiring harness NWH702 for 1995-2010 Nissan/Infiniti. Have connectors for the two large connections but nothing for the small white connector below. These came in an unopened package. Where does it go and what does it connect to? Have had thus vehicle since 2003
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you replaced the radio with an after market replacement make sure you received the correct after market wiring harness adapter.If the wrong adapter is used to adapt the radio to the vehicle wiring this can cause this issue here.If you know for sure you do have the correct adapter let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The old radio was a Bose product with four (4) connections.
1---10 pin and 1---6 pin connections side by side (black color)
1---16 pin small (white) connector under the above connection. The other connection, small, round 5 pin is not used.
The replacement radio works except for sound....so the white plug handles the audio......but there is nowhere to connect on the replacement radio. What now???
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is a free 3 wire connector for the (replaced) Bose radio (white color, small , 16-pin) I am unable to use with the aftermarket radios. No place to connect. How do I wire this into the 6 or 10 pin connectors above?
I apologize for the delay. Have you checked for any after market wiring harness adapters at all to see if you can wire your existing harness to an adapter then wire the adapter to the radio itself?