peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Its a 04 fx45 driving down the interstatein shut down when

Customer Question

its a 04 fx45 driving down the interstatein shut down when i hit the key it just clicks. i checked codes and a p0011 and p0021 come up for cam solenoid i checked the oil and its not touching the stick.. what now
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: ok
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing wont turn over
JA: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If there is no engine oil on the dipstick itself this can be due to a leak that allowed the engine oil to leak out or an issue with the engine burning oil due to a stuck open pcv valve,valve seals,piston oil rings or a head gasket failure.It sounds like the engine may have seized up with it not turning over,shutting down and no oil on the dip stick.In this situation the engine will have to be examined to see if it can be repaired or replaced.The cam solenoid codes set due to oil loss here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just tried to turn the engine by hand and it locked up tight I think I've answered my own question lol
Yeah it sounds like the damage has been done and most of the time from experience the engine has to be replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete