sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: the VDC

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: the VDC light went on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just after a battery power problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: the cable was loose
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: fx 35
2010
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the light came on and is staying on it's because a problem has been seen that will adversely affect dynamic control and a fault code has set. There are many things that will turn this light on, if the problem started after having the battery disconnected or it was dead then it may be as simple as the steering angle sensor needing to be calibrated with a scan tool.The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set and turned the light on. Do you know what codes are setting?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the problem started after having the battery disconnected and i don't know any code, the VDC light comes on just after 5 minutes of driving the car, is there any way to do reset the the car system and get rid of this issue,
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and turning the light on.