Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am an ASE certified Master Technician with over 15 years of Infiniti experience.

Key stuck in emergency ignition JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

Key stuck in emergency ignition
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car is shut down(wont start) roadside assistance told me to take key out of fab and put it in ignition to left of steering column
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Now the key is stuck in that ignition and won't release, and car still won't start, red car with picture of key is flashing on dash
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you give me the year, make and model of the vehicle.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2013 Infiniti G
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Yes I am. Did the vehicle stall while driving or did it just fail to start all of a sudden?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just failed to start
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Red car with pucture if key blinking on dash
Thank you. Most of the time this is caused by a failing battery in the car. I would start by having the battery load tested. If the battery is low then this will occur. If the battery is fine then the fob battery may be low. If these are all fine then it is a programming issue. It is common for the programming in the module to fail and cause this. It may need to be reprogrammed if the batteries are fine. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will my other (spare) key fob work if it is a reprogramming issue?
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 5 months ago.
Not if it is a programming issue. If it is the FOB then yes it should work.