rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have rough idle, and the rpm gage moves around1000-2100 rpm. JA:

Customer Question

i have rough idle, and the rpm gage moves around1000-2100 rpm.
JA: Finding the cause of a rough idle can be tough, but luckily with the right help...solvable. The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It happened after i cleaned throtle body.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried ecu reset, cleaned MAF sensors
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.It would be best to get computer data as far as fuel trims are concerned, but most generally, vacuum leaks and bad motor mounts are the culprits.Thanks, Ron