Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

My convertible top had a piece break to convertible top that

Customer Question

My convertible top had a piece break to convertible top that is setting off sensor light and draining the battery. I don't have money to fix right now. Is there a fuse that can be disconnectec?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Infiniti Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The flap inside the trunk came unattached, so it is hanging like a bat.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. The trunk light keeps blinking. I think that is what is draining battery. Even a temporary fix would work until I get paid and can put in shop
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Opening the trunk, closing it, locking, replacing battery, disconnecting battery.
JA: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: This seems to be also causing an electrical issue that makes the windows go down an inch or so when car is turned off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you can tell me the year and model of your Infiniti I will have a look at the diagrams for the top and locate the fuse and or power source you can disconnect until you can get this resolve. Post back with complete information and we can work from there to get this solved for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2011 Infiniti G37 convertible
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
You can disable the system by disconnecting the convertible top control module . See it location in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.