Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I have a 2007 Infiniti G35. I just dropped my kids off at school

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Infiniti G35. I just dropped my kids off at school & now the automatic push start won't turn the car on. It goes to "on" & radio works, but it won't even attempt to start the engine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. It doesn't seem like a major problem, nothing happened. I just turned my car off & took my kids inside to school & came back and it wouldn't start. Main thing is I need to get to work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: No that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 6 months ago.
Sorry your car will not start at the most inconvenient time, I know thats frustrating. This is a pretty common issue with push button ignition switch's like the style you have. If the radio and everything comes on, and the display is not telling you the key is not recognized, then you have a bad push button ign. switch. The ONLY job of that switch is to ground a wire thats connected to it, to energize the starter relay to start the car. Unfortunately there is not really a good way to by pass the start unless you have some tools handy in the vehicle, but this is a pretty simple and straight forward repair. You may try holding the key up to the push botton switch as close as you can get it and push the button to see if that will work. Please let me know if you have any other questions as my goal is to answer your question and get your car back on the road as soon as possible. Thank you!
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. From what you are describing to me, the issue is either a Starter or a weak battery. The ignition coming on for the radio to work is not at all a push button switch issue like explained. These push buttons never fail. I would have the starter and Battery checked for your issue. Do you have any more questions on this?