Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Infiniti M35X: My 2010 M35 AWD Infiniti won't start and the

Customer Question

My 2010 M35 AWD Infiniti won't start and the brake doesn't want to push down so the car will start. I thought maybe the battery was dead because its been sitting in the garage for over a month. I connected the charger to it and collected jump start on the charger but nothing. just hearing a rapid clicking noise….help if you can. Thank you
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. If you are getting a rapid clicking when you try to start the car, that is a sign of a weak battery. Leave the charger on the car for a while to get the battery charged up more and then try again. Rapid clicking is normally a weak battery. Single click is a bad starter. Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its not clicking when i try to start the car, its clicking when i connect the charger to the battery and after the charger reads the battery to see how much charge it has. Plus the brake pedal is very hard to push down .. feels like its locked up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the battery charger is whats clicking, not the car. Im assuming thats telling me the battery is fully charged
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
That is normal for the brake pedal to do that when the car is off. After a few pumps it will get hard. So that is normal. As for the clicking when you connect the charger to the car, I would disconnect the negative battery cable and charge the battery with that disconnected. Once it is fully charged, then connect it and see if it starts.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
to clarify, you want me to only charge with the positive charger cable still connected to the battery and connect the negative charger cable to the disconnected negative battery cable ??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all my lights go on including head light. if battery was dead so would the light, correct ???
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
I would like you to leave the positive battery terminal connected and remove only the negative cable from the battery. Then hook up the positive charger cable to the positive, and the negative charger cable to the negative battery post with no cable attached to it. Give the charger enough time to charge the battery. Then after you know the battery is charged. Turn the charger off, remove the negative first and then the positive. Then connect the negative battery cable and see if the car starts.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
The starter is the biggest draw on the electrical system. The lights can all work and the car not start.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
got it, thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
you're welcome.