peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My rpm gauge wont go back to 0 with engine off. It starts at

Customer Question

my rpm gauge wont go back to 0 with engine off. It starts at 6000 rms and goes up from there
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2007 g35s
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: holding the reset and turning on the car but it didn't work
JA: Anything else I can tell the Infiniti Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. From what you have described here this sounds like an internal fault with the rpm gauge itself needing either removed and repaired or removed and replaced.I have seen this occur before and this as the cause here,as long as the engine is still running properly and there are no transmission faults I suspect this will need repaired or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete