Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Infiniti M45: i have a infinity m45 2008 and the screw from

Customer Question

i have a infinity m45 2008 and the screw from the engine came out while driving. i had just left the dealer after an oil change and drove 35 miles when this happened. dealership said it is a defect but infinity states that it is out of warranty and will do nothing. i found a place that states they will rebuild the engine. i found a used engine on line. what should i do??
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist what screw??? there are hundreds. is it the oil drain plug???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the screw they said is from the manifold that fell into the engine. my question was do i get a rebuilt or used one from here
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
ok, thanks used engine would be bout 1/2 cost of rebuilding or new engine. it would be cost effective to go that route. when rebuilding, there are always extras that drive the price up once they get it apart and when that happens the price gets out of control. Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
rebuilder to gulf tech engine stated they would price it with everything at 4000.00 dollars used on is the same but will still pay for installation
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
4 grand, just for the motor????
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
check this page. there is a price range of 2300-4000
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
4 grand to rebuild it and install so 4400 out the door for a rebuilt. looking on line for a used one is about the same but will still have to pay some one to put it in.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks will try it
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy