Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

I had the following codes show up and I was told that I

Customer Question

I had the following codes show up and I was told that I needed to replace the main unit on for the 4 wheel active steering system.C1631, C1930, and C1138. I am trying to find out what that part number is?
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would also like to know if there is any instructions on how to replace this unit.thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to help you with this problem we are going to need to know what your working on, the year and model as well as engine size. Post back when you can with the complete information and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I apologize.. This is for an 2012 Infiniti M56 sport. I can provide the vin if needed.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Infinity has released a service bulletin dealing with these fault codes which calls for replacing the 4WAS Control Unit with an updated unit. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review as its likely applies to your concern. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ron.. The only other question I have is if you could provide me with the ESM(Hopefully Instructions) that was referenced for replacing the unit.
"Refer to the ESM for procedure to replace 4WAS Control Unit."I truly appreciate your efforts!
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
See those steps in the link below.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Final question.. Do I need to replace the front or main control unit? Just want to make sure. Also the links to access directions on how to remove the panels are not active.Thanks again for your help.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
There is only one and its the one mentioned in the service bulletin and shown in the steps I sent you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is this possible to get this?INT-54, "TRUNK SIDE FINISHER : Removal and Installa-
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
See the link below.