Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My car won't turn on early today I couldn't get it open with

Customer Question

my car won't turn on early today I couldn't get it open with remote I had open it with key now the car won't start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yup it makes a noise like if it was the starter
JA: Anything else I can tell the Infiniti Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. What year and model Infiniti is this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2003 g35 coupe
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. It sounds like maybe the battery is dead. If you turn the head lights on, do they come on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yup I took the battery out placed it in my mom's car the car turned on but my car won't with either battery
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Do you have electrical power on your car? did you attempt to jump start it? Meaning electrical power, when you turn the ignition on, does all the dash warning lights come on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes you are right on the money
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Yes, you have dash warning lights when you turn the key to the ON position?
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Just want to be sure I understand cause I asked a couple questions and you just answered Yes. So I want to be sure I get the right information to help you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
all the lights are on when I attempt to turn car on also I tried Jumpstart same result nothing I switched battery s same results you can here a click sound when I turn the key
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
That was my next question if the lights turn on. You hear a Single Click when you try to start the car?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes you can here a click sound
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
That is a indication of a bad starter. The starter would need to be replaced to resolve your issue. Do you have any more questions on this?