Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.

My car won't turn on early today I couldn't get it open with

Customer Question

my car won't turn on early today I couldn't get it open with remote I had open it with key now the car won't start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yup it makes a noise like if it was the starter
JA: Anything else I can tell the Infiniti Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
HI there,Do you hear a series of rapid clicks or a single click each time you turn the key
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
single click
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
OkA single click usually does indicate the starter is the problem. Since oyu had trouble with the door locks though, i think i would try a jump start to begin with. Let the donor car stay on it for about 15 minutes and then see if it will start. If it does, then you need to have the battery tested right away.If not, then I would be leaning towards the starter being the problem.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced the battery it has to be starter
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Yes, sorry, didn't realize you replaced the battery. That wasn't mentioned. I have to say it is the starter. Especially if you can lock and unlock the car with the remote now. That would eliminate the security.