Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti FX35 , Got error message HDD system not functioning.

Customer Question

Infiniti FX35 , Got error message HDD system not functioning. The message blocked the entire screen. After driving a long time it disappeared.
Is my Nav defective? Will it interrupt the whole elctrical system?
I was told to change the whole Nav unit for about $800? It seems to work fine once it came back up.
Do I need to update my Nav?
Thank you
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
what diagnostics were carried out to determine the nav was defective and by whom?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.This error message means that the hard drive for your audio/navigation system has failed. All you would need to do is remove the audio unit and send it out fir repair. Repairs start at 299 normally with 1 hour labor.Do you have any more questions on this?