Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I have a power steering fluid leak on 1994 Infinity J30. Would

Customer Question

I have a power steering fluid leak on 1994 Infinity J30. Would the hose be the most likely cause and where is it located?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just purchased the car about two months ago. When I put power steering fluid in it leaks out in a few days. When turn the wheel to park in tight spots especially it's a struggle. I can feel the fluid under the engine on that protective shield / cover between the engine and the ground.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Asking for what is most likely leaking on a steering system on a 22 year old car could be anything. High pressure steering lines or Power steering rack would be the first things I would think. But it could be a pump, a dry rotted return hose seeping or simple a rusted line seeping through. A visual inspect is the best way to isolate the leak so it can be determined the failure so it can be repaired. Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There appears to be old callasped line or hose on the power steering unit. I am fairly certain it should not be flat or buckled in some places. Would it help if I send you a photo of it? The power steering is improved when I add fluid, but the fluid is gone in a few days.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Sure, if you send me a photo showing me what you are seeing, that would be helpful