Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Infiniti FX45: I had an oil change, got my brake pads and

Customer Question

I had an oil change, got my brake pads and rotors replaced and my tires rotated on Friday, and now the VDC OFF, SLIP and SERVICE ENGINE SOON lights are illuminated. What's worse, the car won't start until the 5th or 6th try, if at all. I called AAA, who came out and tested my battery and it's "good," according the printout. I'm at my wits end, stuck at a gas station 170 miles from home. Can you offer any help?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello what may have happened is that when the brakes were replaced is the ABS wheel speed sensor on 1 corner has been damaged as the wheel speed sensors are also used for the stability / traction control system and a damaged sensor can produce a situation where the system is constantly trying to reduce power due to a false wheelspin signal Its possible that the fault is only a bad connection to one of the wheel sensors.This may be remedied by removing each wheel in turn and unplugging each sensor and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner. Then refitting.
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you