Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

Infiniti QX56: 2012 Infiniti QX56. Lights control

Customer Question

2012 Infiniti QX56. Lights for climate control do not work. Climate control is functional, just no button lights. What is the correct progression for troubleshooting? If the console is to be removed, what is the procedure?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Does any of the lights on that front panel work?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have everything apart. I am a design engineer. There is a transistor on the main climate control circuit board. If I had the schematic I could identify and replace the transistor. However, I can't identify it by looking at the device marking. Only way is with a schematic. Can you get that?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
I can only provide you with what the factory service manual has. It will not show the internal functions of the controller. Only the power to the controller. If it's only the controller that is not lighting up, the issue is internal which that information would not be available to help you. The controller would need to be replaced. Let me get you what I have on the Air control system. Hang on.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks. I have identified the bad component. I'll search for it
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Your welcome. Yeah.. They don't share any of the internal engineering with us with that. Thanks Jay!