Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Just reading your post on the dash lights flickering when

Customer Question

Just reading your post on the dash lights flickering when headlights come on. Then this morning on my way to work, the VDC off and Slip lights came on. I have no idea if it's related, but my cd system has started having issues..not very often, but a cd that is perfectly fine will have a skip.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had the IPDM replaced several years ago because my infiniti qx56 just died. It was fixed on a recall. Then when the dash lights started flickering over a year ago, we replaced it again...and it did nothing. The lights at the beginning would just dim. Now it's to the point when they will go completely out while driving...and if I turn my headlights off, the dash lights come right back on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 months ago.

Year?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2004
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questionDo you have a volt meter to do a quick test?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

I believe I know what your issue is, I would just like a Volt Meter to check it to be sure.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have a volt meter, but I believe my dad does and I'm going to see him tonight, so I'll check it. What am I looking for or at?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

I think you have a Alternator not charging properly. So I would like you to connect it to the Battery with the truck running, Lights and AC off and see what your voltage readings are?

Then turn the head lights on and AC and recheck your voltage readings and let me know what you find.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Checking in to see how you made out with the check I asked you to make?

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Have you had a chance to check the Voltage I asked you to check ?

Let me know..