Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I am trying to replace my engine thermostat i have a 2001

Customer Question

I am trying to replace my engine thermostat i have a 2001 infinity g20. I took the lower radiator hose off and i took the three bolts off but there is some sort of rubber in between the engine and the part where the lower radiator hose hooks up. How do i take it out? It feels rock solid and im scared of breaking it? Please help?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Thermostat housing is silicone sealed. When I do these, I will tap the housing with rubber mallet to knock it free. Other wise, a spackle knife and hammer could be used to use the spackle knife to start to break the bond of silicone.

Do you have any more questions on this?