Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My service engine soon light came on took it shop they said

Customer Question

my service engine soon light came on took it shop they said no code reset sent me on my way less than 100 mile it came back on
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you happen to know what code you have?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
did you even read my? i said mech.said it showed no code
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

If you have a Service Engine Soon light on, there has to be a code stored. The light does not come on for no reason. Plus codes don't clear once the light has been set. It will stay in memory for at least 39 key cycles.

Do you live in California?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No i am in NJ
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Well So am I.

Auto Zone offers Free Scans. Lets try this. Lets see if you can go to your local auto zone tomorrow and have them scan the car for codes. See what code they come up with. Then go back to the shop that said there was no codes and ask them to scan the car again since you were just there and lets see if they say there are no codes again. Cause if they do, and you have a code from auto zone, then you know that shop is not honest. Then if you want to return back to this question with the code, I will tell you what needs to be done to resolve it.

Do you think you can do that?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok i will give it a try
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

I will be here after 12 pm till late tomorrow night. So please return back and let me know how you make out and let me know what code you have.

OK? Do you know how to return back to this question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
log in?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Yes, you want to Log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions. That is where you will find this question.

Your user name and log in should have been emailed to you. Other wise, before you close this out, go into your settings to get that information.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do i unsuscribe to the week free trail