peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Have a 1995 Infiniti J30 where the door locks keep unlocking

Customer Question

have a 1995 Infiniti J30 where the door locks keep unlocking when I attempt to lock them (either via the manual key, the remove, or the interior door look switches). Also, noticed that the ignition key switch light seems to stay on permanently. Have had to disconnect battery to be able to lock the car.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As soon as door lock switch is pressed, it locks then immediately unlocks. If I attempt to manually "push" the interior lock closed, the system literally is "fighting" me to reopen the lock.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a fault with the ignition switch itself possibly.If it is shorting out internally it can keep part of the ignition on which in some case can keep the locks from locking like this here.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause here for sure and if found to be at fault it will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete