Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I have a 2005 Infiniti g35 sedan. One morning I wake up and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Infiniti g35 sedan. One morning I wake up and try crank the car and it wasn't turning over. After trying to boosts it off which didn't work I went got the battery charge up. The battery is a week old. Once charged it starting cranking up again but it died in a few days. I charged it up again but this time i unplugged it at night lasted two days and stop working. I got the alternator check twice turn out it was good. Also their be times were it wont display which gear upon trying cranking I thought it might be solution to why it might be dying but I dont know.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This sounds like what you are dealing with is what they call a Electrical Draw. What needs to be done is what they call a Draw Test. This is when the negative battery cable is removed and a Volt Meter monitoring Amps is used to determine the amount of electrical current flowing after a 1/2 hour of waiting for the BCM to go to sleep. If you have high amperage draw, then normally fuses are pulled one at a time to find out what circuit is causing the draw so that circuit could be checked.

Most common for your car is power seat switches, and Radio's.

Do you have any more questions on this?