Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Am about buying a 2008 infiniti M35x but it has a code P1757

Customer Question

Am about buying a 2008 infiniti M35x but it has a code P1757 from diagnosed
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The transmission get stock on low gear sometimes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I wanna get a good Mechanic to fix it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: P1757 shift solenoid. Transmission pressure
JA: Our top Infiniti Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Infiniti Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Infiniti Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This sounds like it could be a indication a transmission problem. That is a transmission code fro the Front Brake solenoid in the transmission. I would recommend you have it checked before you buy the car unless the seller is willing to drop the price cause the car has a bad transmission.

But this is a transmission issue which if it is the solenoid that is bad, this will require the complete valve body to be replaced. The Valve body has the solenoids and control unit built into it. The valve body alone is around 1500 dollars just for the part. When it comes to labor you are looking at a couple hours labor to install it and a additional hour to program it to the car.

Do you have any more questions on this?