Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Jay. I have an 2000 Infiniti QX4, I lost my keys this

Customer Question

Hi Jay.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an 2000 Infiniti QX4, I lost my keys this morning and have my spare, the auto lock/unlock device did not have a battery in it. I purchase a new battery and it did not work. I am afraid to unlock the door with the key and have the alarm go off. I am almost certain it is a factory alarm. My husband thinks there is a switch underneath the dash that can turn the alarm off, is he correct? Thank you for the help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The remote you have does it have the Infiniti logo on it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

If it has the Infiniti logo, using the key to unlock the truck does turn off the factory alarm. If the alarm goes off, pay attention to what lights are flashing. If they are the head lights, that is the factory alarm. Try the key in another lock cylinder to try to turn it off if the drivers door lock doesn't turn it off. All lock cylinders have a Tamper switch to turn off the alarm if a key is cycled in the lock. Some times they get knocked off if the car was ever slim jimmed or something.

If the parking lights flash, that is a After Market alarm where you will need to disconnect the battery to shut it off, and then locate the control unit and unplug it to disable it.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just so I have this right. I will unlock the driver side door with my key (it has an infinity logo and a blue chip on it). The alarm should not go off. It it does and the headlights are flashing, than it is the factory alarm. Next I should try to open another door. If still not resolved, pop the hood and disconnect the battery to stop alarm?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Yes. If the remote has the infiniti logo and that looks the same as the one you lost, then using the key should keep the alarm from going off

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Crossing my fingers.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

I am here still if you need me...