Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

INDI, CUSTOMER DRIVING IN MORNING ALL LIGHT COMES ON AFTER

Customer Question

INDI
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: CUSTOMER DRIVING IN MORNING ALL LIGHT COMES ON AFTER THAT WONT START . I SCAN IT CODES COMES UPP1212 P1612 U100
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and Model Infiniti is this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi jay 2004 Infiniti q56 codes p1212 p1612
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Won't start can communication code
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

When you turn the key to the ON position, does the engine fan come on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ac fan working fast
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On cluster no indication gear like p n d
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

No, I am asking if the engine cooling fan is running with the truck turned to the ON position?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.

The P1612 and U1000 codes are what is keeping this truck from starting. The P1612 is a Nat code which means that it can't read the chip in the Key. So when you turn the key to the ON position, the security light is on solid. But the U1000 code means that there is a control unit failure. Which could be the reason the key system is not working properly.

The P1212 means there is a communication problem to the ABS system. So this could be the control unit that has failed.

But what needs to be done right now is to have the system checked with a scanner and a CAN system test done. This does a system call on all control units to see which one is not communicating so that can be checked.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Which control unit BCm or ecm
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

What do you mean? There is no way to tell which control unit is having the communication issue with out performing a CAN system test. But based on one of the codes it looks like it could be the ABS system. But there is a key programming issue as well.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any gruound problem too now fan cuts off for second cluster light working normal still not start truck
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Most likely due to the battery getting weak from attempting to start the truck.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Do you have another key for the truck?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I test battery and try with another key too
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

The thing to watch is that security light. If that light is on solid when the key is in the ON position, it won't start.

I asked about the radiator fan cause if the issue was a Ecm or IPDM, the fan would come on normally. At this point, you are at the mercy of a shop or dealer. CAN diagnostics will need to be done to determine what control unit is causing the U1000 code.

But I have 1 more trick maybe. Does your truck have Intelligent Cruise Control?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have own shop it have intelligent cruise contro I check out that plug too
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Did you try unplugging it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it got little moisture clean it put back together
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I doubt BCm not responding it won't crank even
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Try leaving it unplugged. Then see if it starts. When the lasers go bad they can back feed the CAN system and is also directly connected to the ABS system. After you unplug the laser, try these steps to see if you can get the car out of lock mode. If you can turn the key and the security light goes out, then try to start it.

Let me know how you make out..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Lock%20Mode.jpg

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thank u help for today I let u know tomorrow I am tired know
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Ok.. I will be on again tomorrow if you have any more questions on this. Just return back to this question and I will continue to help you.

Talk to you tomorrow.