Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I bought a truck that has rancho RS999783 struts and spring

Customer Question

I bought a truck that has rancho RS999783 struts and spring that levels. I have a 2010 Infiniti qx56 with 83000 miles.
Can I drop it or adjust them to the standard height and it will be ok? I just want it normal.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This doesn't have air ride in the back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't that I've inspected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the front
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Most of these trucks came with rear air ride. There is a level Sensor which helps maintain ride height.

The front suspension is a Strut type setup, the rear is shocks if it doesn't have air ride.

Is this truck lowered or something?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just the front wheel sit high. Like its set up for bigger tires. I have all more room between the tire and opening. I can almost stick my head between the tire top. I just want it lowers back down.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When I have seen that is when there is a issue with the rear air ride. Are you sure it doesn't have rear air ride?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rear looks normal
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Rear%20Air%20Shock.jpg

That is what the rear Air Shock looks like..

If you have a regular shock, then you will need to change your front struts to correct your ride height, and possibly springs also.

If you have air ride, you may need a Ride Height relearn to raise the back to level off the truck so the front and rear are even.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!