Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

AT CHECK light has just come on my dash.....car doesa not

Customer Question

AT CHECK light has just come on my dash.....car doesa not fire up quicly as before....this AT CHECK is under the temperature gauge..what does that signify
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: like I said AT Check light came on yestreday (under temperature gauge)...car does not fire up quickly (though starts)...thought it could be battery, but i do not think so..
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Infiniti Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: possibly...or mechanic...whtas going on with my car??? never seen this before (had car 8 years)
JA: OK! The Infiniti Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Infiniti Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

What year and model Infiniti is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003q45
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you start another question?

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the car is running along with the AT Check light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have either light on ,but the car does not start up immediately
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Normally when it doesn't start up right away, this is a sign of a Cam Sensor starting to go. I would have the car scanned to see if there is a Engine Speed signal code. You normally will get that code before and with a cam sensor code. This is the most common I have seen to cause the car not to start right away.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is what u say, what's the cost of that to be replaced? And Does the car eventually just not start one day?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yes, one day the car would not start. The sensor is around 120 dollars and is one hour labor to install.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!