Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an 05 nissan altim v6 i juat installed an aftermarket

Customer Question

Hi there i have an 05 nissan altim v6 i juat installed an aftermarket intake manifold, now after everything is put back together the car is running horribly, it idles really low then jumps around and sputters alot. Feels like thr car wants to die. I did have to remove the throttle to install it on the new manifold, do i need to go through all the relearn procedures? If so which ones? I installed the ssv kinetix intake manifold
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have all the vacuum lines hooked up? Did you check for intake air leak? That is what it sounds like.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well the new manifold eliminiated some of the vacuum lines, there was no where to hook them up. i will double check the intake to make sure its all air tight.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

What do you mean it eliminated some. Do you have a web link on the intake you installed?

Can you share some pictures of the install? Also show the back side of the intake fire wall side.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
http://my6thgen.org/f107/how-install-kinetix-intake-manifold-218/ this is the guide i used
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

From what I am reading about this intake, it doesn't eliminate any vacuum lines. So you may want to look at your old intake and follow the vacuum lines. Also you did use a gasket for the intake right?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeah i made sure i put a new gasket on before i put the manifold in, and the spot on the old manifold where the old vacuum lines went is now the egr valve ill show you a pic of what i mean
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Theres no where for that to go now. I dont have the car infront of me right now but im gonna go walk out to it right now to take a few pictures for you.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

That has to go back on some how. Other wise you are going to get a P1800 code.