Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2013 Infiniti fx37. I recently experienced a

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Infiniti fx37. I recently experienced a problem with my gas hand. In spite of having a full tank of gas, the gas hand does not move off E, and the range indicates 0 miles.
What do you think is the issue? And what am I looking at to fix this, in terms of pricing? I know I have a full tank because I filled up on Saturday and I already had a half if tank of gas before topping off
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

This could be a gauge issue. But your car has a 4 year or 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty. So unless you are over by mileage, it shouldn't cost anything.

To verify if it is the gauge the fuel level senders are checked.

Do you have any morequestions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have other questions. I have 63,000 miles on my car so I am outside of my bumper to bumper. warranty. It's driving me nuts not knowing how much this may cost. I can't get any to the dealership until Wednesday, March 6th. We took the battery out and put it back in to see if this would reset it, but to no avail.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yoy would be looking at around 1 hour diag to start. When you go in, try to have around a half tank. Use the tripometer to determine fuel level.

If you go with full tanks, they won't be able to pop the fuel senders to check. Fuel would spill all out and your car would stink.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions on this ?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow. I should have contacted you over the weekend. I filled up on Saturday, but my appointment is not until Wednesday. I will see what I can do in terms of running out fuel... Darn it...I guess I was trying to determine dollar amount outside of diagnosing. I was told diagnostic was at least $140. Obviously something has to be fixed. I hate not knowing price of parts and/or labor... I want to make sure that I am not taken to the hole.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

It all depends on the shops hourly rate. Our shop is 130 a hour.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I understand you don't like the unknown. But it is kind of a unknown type of issue until diagnosed.

If you don't have a Service Engine Soon light on when the car is running, I would think it is more likely a gauge issue.

If you do have a Service Engine Soon light on, then I would think it could be a fuel level sender issue.

But the proper steps still need to be done to determine which of the two is your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help.

That is how I get credit for my work

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!