Ryan
Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech
Experience:  Infiniti Master available by request Thank you!!!
30412839

I have been experiencing a problem with my radio...sometimes

Customer Question

I have been experiencing a problem with my radio...sometimes it takes up to an hour before the sound come through...it will play for a day or tow and then it happens again...it won't even allow my phone to come through my Bluetooth...
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is Ryan.

Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

What is the year and model of your infiniti?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2012 M 37X
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

So you have no sound from any speaker? I have seen this issue before. There is an internal failure of the main speaker amplifier. I will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you say the main speaker amplifier ???...how much do you think this will cost ???
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

If you go to the dealer it will be expensive the amp alone is close to $1000. I would first bring it to your local car audio shop and get an estimate. They may even be able to send it out for repair.

Ryan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok...thanks...will do...
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Ok let me know how you make out.

Ryan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you asked about sound...no the sound does come in eventually it just takes it awhile before any sound comes out...and none of the other functions work during this time...
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

If you are able to adjust volume and settings on the display but there is no sound then yes this is an amplifier issue.

Ryan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
well the volume indicator changes but there is no sound...the screen stays frozen until the sound comes through then it plays normal like it should...
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

So you are unable to change from radio to cd or bluetooth audio when this happens?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
exactly and no sound...
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Ok this may be more of an issue with the AV control module. This is the only cause of an audio and display issue. You will need to go to the dealership to have this issue fixed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok...thanks...