Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

VDC off slip light service engine soon lights are on.

Customer Question

VDC off slip light service engine soon lights are on. Hesitation when starting car. Car stalled out but started up after hestation
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Today was the first time it happen. Made it home safe but afraid to drive it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No want to take it to dealer
JA: OK! The Infiniti Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: Needs oil change
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Infiniti Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** sounds like a camshaft position sensor failure. Can you provide me with a diagnostic trouble code?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Ok if you can provide me with a code I can assist you further. You can go to any AutoZone or most automotive parts stores an get the codes read for free. With a code can give you an estimate of repair. Let me know.

Ryan