Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

How to replace a water pump on a 2007 Infiniti M35

Customer Question

Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** are you replacing it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Car is over heating I changed radiator which was cracked then thermostat and it still overheating
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Okay the water pump on this engine is driven by the timing chain. It is not very accessible. It is also not very likely to cause an overheating condition. Any air in the system will cause an air pocket and overheating. These engines can be difficult to bleed. Are you aware of the bleeder screw on the heater hose?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Make sure they know about the coolant bleeder on the heater hoses. This is how you get the air out.

Fill the radiator with the car off. Start the car and crack the bleed screw do not open it completely just enough so you see it drip slowly. Keep it open through the whole procedure. Next prop the gas pedal with a long pole. I use a long handle screw driver about 3 feet long. Run the car at about 1500 rpm. Look for air bubbles. You should have the heat on too and keep checking to see if it gets hot. This procedure is different then in the book but I have found it works well. Any air in the system will cause it to over heat eventualy.

It is important you use the right type of funnel
CLICK HERE

Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

here is a picture of the funnel.