Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2003 m45. It's stalling out like it gas a bad

Customer Question

I have a 2003 m45. It's stalling out like it gas a bad catalytic converter, but I also gear a light taping noise near the transmission every time it stalls. What's that about? Thankx
JA: Huh?
Customer: I'm sorry. Spell check is aggravating
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My 2003 Infiniti M45 has a bad catalytic converter on it, but there is a light taping noise everytime it stalls a bit. What is the taping noise I hear near the transmission? It sounds like its coming from the area right between the engine and the transmission.
JA: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: I just replaced the water pump.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Infiniti Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ryan replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** have some questions for you. How often does this happen? How long has it been happening? Did it start right after the water pump replacement? Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One day after water pump was replaced. First time it has happened. Yes the check engine light is on.