Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2011 qx 56 ac dosent cool at idle, works find when

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my 2011 qx 56 ac dosent cool at idle , works find when running ,took it to the infinity dealer first they said it was the expansion valve and it was replace. kept doing the same. on a second visit they said it was the compressor,it was replace.last weekend it was 95 degrees outside ,turn the car on a after 2 minutes a blast of "gas" ithink Freon came fromundeneath thecar . took it again they said it was a overchargeof the Freon. pikt it up yesterday ,doing the same!! could it be related to other system on the car??,cooling system,any other relay os outside temperature?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the ac works only find when running,on idle it blows warm air. the expansion valve and the compressor were just replace by the infinity dealer.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a extended warranty? where these repairs done by that, or did you pay for them?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the cabin filter is new, yes I have the extended warranty ,but I have paid for the taes etc. so far around 240.00
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
taxes...
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

This type of issue really requires a hands on testing to determine what is going on. This is not a common issue. I have never seen a Expansion Valve really go on these trucks. I have seen compressors. Did they replace the receiver dryer with the compressor?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not that i am aware, but the last visit the told me that they re- chek the new compressor and it was find
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would a faulty receiver dryer give these syptoms??
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Any time the compressor is replaced the receiver dryer needs to be replaced. Failure to replace it could result in compressor damage. This is laided out in the factory service manual

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just called the dealer they are going to find out if they change the dryer or not
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can a faulty dryer will cold on and off and cool while running??
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can you send me copy of the page in the factory service manual so I can go to them in case they did not ??
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

The receiver dryer is like a filter for the AC system. If the compressor fails, any metal or debris that comes apart would go into the dryer. That is why you need to replace that with the compressor.

Let me try to find it

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Still looking. But changing the receiver dryer when changing a compressor should be common knowledge. It's like when you change the oil in the car, you change the filter.

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!