Ryan
Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech
Experience:  Infiniti Master available by request Thank you!!!
30412839

I own a infinti G35 2003 coupe ( Auto Trans). I keep getting

Customer Question

I own a infinti G35 2003 coupe ( Auto Trans) . I keep getting 16 at check blinks, Slid control is on when I try to crank over. I check to see if something got unplugged but everything was good. I replaced the Camshaft, Crankshaft senors on both sides of engine. I'm clueless at the moment of what could be the problem.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to mention that the radiator fans turn on when in the start position.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my Name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with your question today.

Do you have a code reader? If the cooling fans stay on this is most likely a CAN communication error. Have you driven through any deep puddles lately?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't driven it threw any puddles, only thing that I can think of is it was raining heavily but other then that no. I do not have a code reader.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Could you try to perform the following test and give me the results?

How to read the engine codes without a Nissan CONSULT or scan tool. (Set ECM in Diagnostic Test Mode II)

trouble code can be identified by the number of four-digit numeral flashes. The 'zero' is indicated by the number of ten flashes. The length of time the 1,000th-digit numeral flashes on and off is 1.2 seconds consisting of an ON (0.6-second) - OFF (0.6-second) cycle. The 100th-digit numeral and lower digit numerals consist of a 0.3-second ON and 0.3-second OFF cycle. A change from one digit numeral to another occurs at an interval of 1.0-second OFF. In other words, the later numeral appears on the display 1.3 seconds after the former numeral has disappeared. A change from one trouble code to another occurs at an interval of 1.8-second OFF. In this way, all the detected malfunctions are classified by their DTC numbers. The DTC 0000 refers to no malfunction.

• 1

Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.

• 2

Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.

• a

Fully depress the accelerator pedal.

• b

Fully release the accelerator pedal.

• 3

Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the MIL starts blinking.

• 4

Fully release the accelerator pedal.

• 5

ECM has entered to Diagnostic Test Mode II (Self-diagnostic results).

How to clear the engine codes without a Nissan CONSULT or scan tool.

• 1

Set ECM in Diagnostic Test Mode II (Self-diagnostic results).

• 2

Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds. The emission-related diagnostic information has been erased from the backup memory in the ECM.

• 3

Fully release the accelerator pedal, and confirm the DTC 0000 is displayed.

• Note:

If the battery is disconnected, the DTC will be lost from the backup memory within 24 hours.

• Note:

Be careful not to erase the stored memory before starting trouble diagnoses.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

I think the problem may be related to your IPDM. You will need to gain access to it and check to see if it may have gotten wet.

Take a look at this and let me know what you find.

Ryan

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Can I be of more assistance?