Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an 06 Infiniti G35x that was throwing code P0345 few

Customer Question

I have an 06 Infiniti G35x that was throwing code P0345 for a few days - last night, it stopped running altogether.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car now cranks, but won't start - at all. Doesn't even sound like there's a chance that it would. Almost seems like it's got no fuel, but I've checked that & there is fuel in the tank. I haven't checked the actual injectors yet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike O. replied 9 months ago.

Code P0345 is almost always due to a faulty camshaft position sensor. P0345 is for bank 2 (driver side of engine). If you have a lot of miles, it might be a good idea to replace both sides at the same time since they usually fail around the same time. Make sure you only get a cam sensor from the dealer since an aftermarket one won't last long at all.