Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Jay... My name is ***** *****. My girlfriend has a 2008

Customer Question

Hi Jay... My name is ***** *****. My girlfriend has a 2008 Infinity QX56. The heater seems to have stopped working. The A/C works fine, but it won't blow any hot air. When we turn up the climate control, it just blows cold air.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

So the issue is really the inside blower is not working in the truck? Is that correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No...the blower works, but it does not blow hot air. The fan blows out air at the normal rate, but only cold air is coming into the cabin. The coolant level appears to be slightly above the max line...this was checked after driving for about 1.5 hours on the freeway. However, I noticed when I opened the coolant cap, it did not take much time to open it as there was not a lot of pressure as I would have expected after that amount of driving...at least not from most cars.So, to sum up...there is plenty of coolant and air blows from the vents, but no hot air is coming out (only cold air).
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

There is a heater control valve under the hood that goes.

I am not at home to show you a picture of its location. Can you wait a couple houra till I get home?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will check back in later. Thanks!
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for waiting.. I will get you that picture I have now.. Hang on..

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/QX56%20heater%20control%20valve.jpg

This is a image of the heater control valve under the hood. These are fairly common when there is no heat issues. The part is around 270 dollars and around 2 hours labor to install.

Do you have any more questions on this?