Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

04 infinity g35 coupe AT. Car put me out a week ago and I've

Customer Question

04 infinity g35 coupe AT. Car put me out a week ago and I've been working on it ever since. I've replaced the following based on similar symptoms posted in G Forums:
ECU with matching ignition and key
Cam and crank shaft sensors
Battery
Fuel pump
IPDM.
Red light stays illuminated on dash next to clock when key is switched on. Do you think this is a programming issue?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

This is indeed a key programming issue. The key programming memory is split between two control units. The Ecm and Bcm. Since you replaced the Ecm, the Bcm has no memory of these keys. So you would need to call a mobile locksmith to come program the keys for you .

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would I have to buy a new BCM also?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also if I call a local locksmith that has reprogramming capabilities, Will require a new bcm or would he be able to communicate with the system?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

You won't need to buy a Bcm. You would only need to have the Keys programmed.

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

I am available to speak to you about this if you like. You would just need to accept the additional service request.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!