Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

Lozada I have a 99 infiniti i30 and I drive the car cold but

Customer Question

lozada I have a 99 infiniti i30 and I drive the car cold but when is warm it dies without warning what can it be??? PLS help me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it seem to be a electrical issue, I turn it on and i'm driving and when the engine reaches warm temp it dies out ???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

HI there,

Is the check engine light on when the car is running normally?
Also, when it stalls, are you at a stop sign or traffic lights?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
check engine light it's been since I bought the car ! but the car turns off when driving or stopping but it doesn't turn after , but turns on again when fully cool???
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Ok,

Normally this indicates an issue with either the cam position sensor or the crankshaft position sensor. The code that is keeping the check engine light on, might also point to this type of problem. Sometimes what happens is one of these two sensors get hot, then it loses the signal. Then when it cools off it begins to work again.

If possible I would have the car scanned and see what codes are being stored and then take it from there. Many parts stores will do this for you at no charge. If you would like to get them and post them here for me, I am sure I can give you some much more accurate info.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!