Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

My 2001 Infinity QX4 sunroof is not working. (I purchased

Customer Question

My 2001 Infinity QX4 sunroof is not working. (I purchased the car in November--didn't work when I purchased it) I've tried to locate the fuse and can't find it, checked service manual, main cabin fuse box, both fuse boxes under the hood. The motor doesn't sound like it's getting power, when I push the buttons no light dim (as would if motor was in a bind)
Have a difficult time finding fuse location in service manual and online.
Thanks for the help.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Check fuse 11 and fuse 24 in this diagram. If they are ok then you need to test for power at the sunroof motor. I will try and respond quickly but tonight maybe hard. I just did not want you to not get any kind of help. So I will check back tonight or in the am. Lou.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Here are the diagrams for future reference. If you need more of my help just reply to me. I will check back for sure. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11 is good, it's difficult to tell where 24 is on the fuse panel. The last slot appears to be open on the row that fuse 11 is in, it had no fuse in it and doesn't hold a fuse when I put one in. The one above the last slot controls the driver's side power seat, took it out and it didn't work, replaced and it did. So is 24 the last slot in the same row as 11? If so it won't hold a fuse--what then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay found this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtubSryIfLAhUB7SYKHcAjBnoQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justanswer.com%2Fnissan-infiniti%2F7srtj-qx4-no-dome-lights-clock-trying-change.html&psig=AFQjCNGHaPBT4ohvxp5OlE0ibU4oK6cPvg&ust=145609897209193711 and 24 are good. What now?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to keep you waiting I'll be available in about a hour.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any further suggestions ?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

I won't be able to help today. I'll have to opt out. Friends having a baby at the moment. My apologies. If no one helps by tomorrow message me and I'll help. Lou