Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Thank you my question.
, I own a 2011 G37x and I am

Customer Question

thank you for taking my question.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I own a 2011 G37x and I am having issues with my handsfree system. I ran the self diagnosis... and received Handsfree Unit Connection Error 9.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Do you have navigation? What is the system doing exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have navigation.When I click the hands free button on the steering wheel, it says hands free phone system not ready. I ran the diagnostic through the radio and it gave me that hands free unit connection 9 error. I disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes to reset everything but it still says hands free phone system not ready.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you check to see if your phone is paired or re-pair the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not let me get to the point of adding a phone, unless there is another way to add a phone. I believe when I initially set my phone up, I did it through voice commands.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you try clearing the code in self diag to see if it would return?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error went away when I reset the battery but still not working.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How long did you disconnect the battery for? Normally a hard reset is around 15 mins disconnected

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Around 5 minutes, when I reconnected it and turned the car on, all my settings were erased, including power seat settings, radio controls and maintenance reminders. So I think it reset? Is there a way I would know for sure?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

15 mins is normally what ot takes to do a full hard reset. If you still have issues, the there could be a issue with the av unit which would require it to be removed and sent out for repair

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will disconnect the battery for 15 + minutes and get back to you, thanks.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok..let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reconnected the battery and it still gives me the hands free phone system not ready. Attached is a photo of the error I was receiving earlier
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like it is going to need a AV unit I am afriad. Code 39 is a communication problem. I would need a scanner to have it read the code description for the code 9.

But it sounds like a av unit I am afraid

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Having it removed and sent out for repair is 1 hour labor and around 299 to repair

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If the av unit has a internal issue.

Do you have anymore questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you for your help today. It was greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay