Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Infiniti qx4 2001, 3.5l. mechanic is unsure of reason to

Customer Question

Infiniti qx4 2001, 3.5l. mechanic is unsure of reason to engine sound. Only details is 3x errors (#P0135, #P1140 & P1145) and no/low oil pressure to top part of engine even at 2000rph. Any ideas?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  john aka eautp replied 1 year ago.

is the top end dry and ticking? how many miles? have you pulled the valve covers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told that there is not receiving oil. It has 210.000km driven length (approx 130487miles). Not sure what you mean with pulled the valve covers, can you specify what you mean by this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To clarify on oil, the mechanics here in Norway has said it is not getting oil siculating/pumping to the top end of the engine.

has taken the top covers off the motor to confirm this? How does he know its getting no oil to the top?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure how they have clarified that no oil gets to the top of the engine. Due to time zone issues and lack of infiniti dealership in scandinavia my Nissan dealer kinda forces me to get advises and order parts as they dont support Infiniti here. Also there is only about 20 Infiniti cars in all of Norway and as far as i am aware only 1 Qx4 and that is mine. If the only way to validate if there is oil comming is by removing the the top cover of the top of engine i can only assume that is what they have done. I will email them to get this confirmed, takes about 6hrs from now before i can epect a feedback on that question.

is the motor noisey? did they confirm oil pressure manually with a hand held gauge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine is not noisy beyond a certain ticking sound, i would describe the ticking sound comming from the engine front right lower side. Not sure how to describe the sound but there we would describe it as a friction sound on low RPM that disappear when RPM goes up. Have had a good V6 engine sound previously thus that is why i took it to a garage to have it checked. I am still unable to clarify how they have measured loss of presure but will clarify with them when they open tomorrow.

ok let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mecanics said that the oil level was just barelyt over/ very close to the minimum level mark at the time of sound from engine and the 3 error codes we are seeing now. They have added more oil now during testing and fault finding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will update you once i know their method on how they have measure pressure or if they have pulled the valve cover off.

great

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, Is there any other questions or clarifications i should ask and forwards to them to give you a better understanding on the way ahaed?

just need to know how they determined this? and if they manually checked pressure/