Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I change the bulbs on my rear passenger tail lights because

Customer Question

hello I change the bulbs on my rear passenger tail lights because it wasn't working and its still not working so what should I do. I have a 99 Infiniti qx4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My signals work my reverse lights work my hazard lights work and my brake lights work its just when I turn on my headlights my tail light does not come on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

If you take the drivers side tail light and plug it in the passenger side, does it work there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I haven't tried that
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Lets try that. Cause if the light works with the drivers side plugged in, then you know it's a issue with that tail light harness or socket causing that light not to work.

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Were you able to swap the tail lamp to see if that was your issue?