Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 2002 Infiniti q45. The idle is very gh and the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Infiniti q45. The idle is very high and the service light come on. The dealer doesn't know what the problem is. I replaced the MAF, upper O2 sensors based on the scan. Those errors went away and now it shows I am running rich. We can't find a leak any where. My mileage dropped from 22 to 15. Highway long distance I can get up to about 23 at 70. Does this help you determine the problem?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I am surprised that the dealer cannot fix it. did they do the idle volume re learn???? it can only be done with a scan tool.

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Roy. We have tried to do an electronic reset a few times and it didn't do anything. The idle remains at 1300 rpm in neutral. I have replaced everything in the intake except the IAC. I have spend about $1400 so far. The dealer can't figure it out. I went on the internet to find many others with the same problem and the same dealer responses. We have reset the computer 6 times over the course and fixed everything indicated. I suspect some items were not at fault but got reported because of this main problem. This problem occurred after replacing the MAF with a new one.
Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.

did the dealer do the idle re learn???

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It didn't work either. We did it three different times after replacing all the parts.
Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.

in the beginning you mentioned you replaced parts due to a scan. what were the codes???? codes rarely identify bad parts just failed systems

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have the codes with me. They indicate a lean condition. However, I have found codes are dependent on other codes to be accurate. This confusion led me to replace all these parts. My mechanic is also baffled. It changes every time we check it. He will clear all the codes to start over, I will drive about 200 miles and we will recheck. They change. That has led me to replace everything. The warning light will appear at off intervals; not always within the first few miles.
Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.

ok, keep me updated

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you out of answers too?
Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.

at this point yes, you need to drive it the 200 miles, give me the codes and we can continue. by no means clear anything. I will need all the codes. something started this and we need to find out what.

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Roy replied 9 months ago.

keep me updated