Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Im trying to add navigation to my g37. I got the system from

Customer Question

Hey. Im trying to add navigation to my g37. I got the system from a donor g35. I want to know if i can get the connector diagrams for both cars since it will involve in making my own harness. I have attatched a picture with both stereos. I have looked over the Internet but cant seem to find what im looking for. Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year is the G37 and what year is the G35?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You do know this is really not possible also, right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe both are 2008. I believe it can be done. Just time consuming. It has been done before so i want to give a try too. Heres a video of an 09 that went through the process of the swap.
https://youtu.be/Wucq3lhhGtU
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Anything can be done.. But the dash harness would need to be changed, you would need to remove the dash to add the GPS antenna. It would be cheaper to add a after market GPS system

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, I just watched the video. He removed the dash and changed the whole main dash harness

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How far are you willing to go with this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

He did not show you if the GPS system was really working by going into the settings for GPS position either in the video. That is when the system knows the cars position for the GPS to work properly.

I can provide you with the diagrams if you like, that is not a problem. But I am tell you, this is not a easy job by any means and will require allot of time to make this conversion.

I just need to know the years and if it's a coupe or sedan info you need?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well i already purchased the screen, antenna, radio, and the cables that come out of the stereo (antenna and navi computer) and i left the harness attached to the stereo but cut the wires. One was an 08 infiniti g35 sedan and the other is an 08 infiniti g37 coupe
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You need the whole Main dash harness. The whole dash would need to be removed and that whole harness would need to be replaced.

So you would need a complete Main Harness for a G35 Sedan from a 2008, cause that has the 3.5, where the coupe does not have all the features of the sedan.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

So the dash would need to be removed so the Main harness would need to be replaced. At the same time you would install the GPS Antenna. Then you can work on seeing if you can get the System to work.

If you brought a After Market Navigation system you would not need to take the dash out and they can install it with a none navigation radio. The cost is around 699, so that maybe a better direction to go in, in my opinion.

The harness is going to cost you almost 4 to 500 dollars for a Main Harness to support Navigation.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still would like the connector diagrams for both cars. I'm going to give it a shot
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You can not use the coupe wiring harness in a Sedan. Sedans have Auto Drive position, where coupes do not. There is differences in the harness.

I can share wiring diagrams for the Navigation system, but you need to change the whole Main Dash Harness. Do you have a Dash Harness for a G35 Sedan with Navigation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know its not plug in play. Thats why im trying to make a harness that will make it work but for that i need both wiring diagrams.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Not going to be able to do that cause of the CAN system. Even that 09 video they changed the Main dash harness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please provide me with the harness connector wiring diagrams. For both cars.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. Hang on..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20AV.pdf

The first link is the full Bose with Navigation system from the factory Service Manual from a 2008 G35 Sedan. I gave you the complete section from the manual.

This second link is the same thing from the 2008 G37 Coupe. I provided you with all the same information as the sedan from the coupe manual.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20AV2.pdf

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!