Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

How many motor mounts does a infiniti1999 i30 have and which

Customer Question

How many motor mounts does a infiniti1999 i30 have and which is the best once to get that wont hurt my wallet
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Your engine has 3 Engine mounts and 1 Transmission mount. When replacing engine mounts you always have to have great caution in how you work. You also want to inspect the lower radiator support. If that is badly rotted, you may not be able to drop the cross-member to replace the front and rear engine mount. You would need to have the proper tools also to replace these mounts. The engine of course would need to be supported or held by a hydraulic jack. To keep the engine in position. You also want to do one mount at a time, unless you are changing the ones on the cross member. You do both of them at the same time.

Do you have any more questions on this?