Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2008 G37X with 37.000 miles on odometer. Car started fine

Customer Question

2008 G37X with 37.000 miles on odometer. Car started fine this morning in -20C weather. Ran it for ten minutes to warm it up while removing snow. Shut off and locked. One houre later, car wouldn't start and the 'Key' warning symbol was on steady. (Tried replacing battery in key fob - no change.) Car WOULD start if I placed the fob in the dashboard slot, but I had to move the shift lever out of park and back again to get it to start. What makes the key warning light come on other than a missing key or low battery?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you changed the battery in the remote, does the remote lock and unlock the car properly?