Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2010 Infiniti G37. The power steering is out but

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Infiniti G37. The power steering is out but the fluid looks ok. What could it be? I just had the fluid replaced a week ago. Is it possible it wasn't bled properly?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Did you have this problem before you had the fluid changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Who replaced the fluid for you? Do you know what type of fluid was used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Infiniti dealership. I don't know what type they used. Hopefully the right type.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you didn't have the noise before, and you have it after, I would go back to the dealer and state just that.

I have seen where the bottom part of the Power Steering Reservoir can get clogged up restricting fluid flow. This can happen when the steering flush is done. This is certainly the cheapest test to see if that is the issue. But the dealer should take responsibility for this if it has happened after it was serviced.

Have you spoken to the dealer yet about this? How long ago did they do the steering fluid service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a week ago. I'm at the dealership right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it got clogged what other problems could this cause? It looks kinda like some fluid may have leaked onto the alternator.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. lets see what they say then. Let me know if you have any more questions on this after you speak with them

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If clogged due to thier service, they should clear it and clean it. Dripping some fluid on the alternator won't cause the noise, but that just shows how sloppy the job was done

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the fluid damage the alternator?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Not likely, it would need to be allot to damage it

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!